NIGIRI SUSHI 4
Last update: 1 July 2006
Download: Nigiri Sushi 4 (new)
HOW TO INSTALL
- Upload all the files in folder “nigirisushi” to your theme directory. It is located under the /wp-content/themes/. Put all the files under a folder named: nigirisushi. This upload should include the folder “images”. In the end you should have all the php files under /wp-content/themes/nigirisushi/ and the images under /wp-content/themes/nigirisushi/images/.
- Upload the plugin: “perpages.php” into your plugin folder (/wp-content/plugins)
- Activate the plugin through your WordPress admin panel under plugins tab.
- Activate this theme through your WordPress admin panel under the Presentation>Themes tab.
- Your photoblog is ready to go.
A. USE NIGIRI SUSHI
1. I suggest you disable the visual rich editor first.
2. To make a post you can go to the usual write>write post tab.
3. Put your image source code into the “page content” section.
4. Put your thumbnail image source code into the “optional excerpt” section.
5. Edit everything else you want on the sidebar.
6. Publish and you are done.
B. MAKE A THUMBNAIL
For now, Nigiri Sushi don’t have any way to generate thumbnails from your photos. You have to make your own. But if you want a plugin to help you, I can suggest the iimage browser plugin. Right now, I haven’t implemented it yet to Nigiri Sushi.
C. MAKE AN ARCHIVE PAGE
1. To make an archive page, go to write>write page tab.
2. Make a page title with a name of your choosing, but usually it’s “archive”.
3. In the sidebar, on the page template section, pull the dropdown menu. you should see “archives” is on the list. choose it.
4. don’t edit anything. just click “create new page”.
5. if you are following “how to use nigiri sushi”, by now your thumbnails should already be displayed on this archive page.
D. DISPLAY YOUR RECENT ENTRIES/PHOTOS ON FRONT PAGE
In default, the are no thumbnails of your recent/latest photos on the front page, however i have included the code necessary for it. You can find it on the sidebar.php file. If you want to activate it you should find this code “” and delete them both.
You may want to set the style for that thumbnails which you can find on the style.css file (search for the bottombar section).
If you want to set the number of thumbnails you want to display on the frontpage you can go to sidebar.php find this “showposts=10″. you can replace 10 with the number of thumbnails you want to display.
E. COMBINE WRITINGS WITH IMAGE ON YOUR POST
Now, to write a description of your photo, you put all your words in blockquote. This way, the image will be center aligned while your words inside the blockquote will be left aligned.
If you have any other questions regarding this theme and not already written here, you may email me at ericsetiawan[at]gmail[dot]com. I will try to reply as soon as possible.
Although sushi uses relatively few ingredients, it is notoriously difficult to prepare well. Sushi is perhaps one of the most well-known examples of the minimalistic beauty of Japanese cuisine. As such, its preparation requires the use of the highest-quality ingredients, a thorough understanding of local and seasonal fishes, and a serious attention to detail and harmony.
Read more about Sushi on Wikipedia.